In addition to being a nutritional powerhouse, black garlic is a chef’s delight.
Balck garlic is the end result of quality raw garlic undergoing a fermentation process. The simple process takes 30-60 days to change raw garlic cloves into a taste sensation. The whole garlic cloves are gently heated for 30-60 days, nothing is added.
During the fermentation process, allicin in garlic becomes S-allylcysteine, removing the pungent smell and spiciness of white garlic and intensifying the natural sweetness of garlic, so you can enjoy the garlic without worrying about bad breath!
The end result is a simple food with a wonderfully complex flavor. The garlic becomes blackened and fermented, the consistency has been variously described as chewy, tender and jelly-like (similar to dried fruit).
Black garlic is a sweet/savory, a perfect mix of molasses-like richness, with hits of licorice, porcini mushroom with tangy balsamic vinegar and garlic undertones.
The harsh raw garlic taste and smell are gone. No worries about bad breath or strong odors. Think of it like wine improving with age.
The nutritional properties are greatly enhanced by the fermentation process.
When regular garlic is fermented into black garlic… More NEW powerful components are generated!
These new components are more effective and more easily absorbed. The active components in garlic are concentrated.
- 10x more S-allylcysteine
- 10x more S-allylmercaptocysteine
- 10x more Superoxide Dismutase (SOD)
- 20x more Polyphenols
S-allylcysteine & S-allylmercaptocysteine are water soluble, thus it can be absorbed faster by your body and exert its health properties.
You not only remove the offensive smell, but also multiply the concentration and bioavailability of its health benefits.
While you can include black garlic in your daily diet, through adding it to your cooking, for enhanced efficacy and effectiveness, you should take black garlic supplements!
It is known to improves cardiovascular health.Inhibits the production of total cholesterol and LDL (bad) cholesterol
• Prevents LDL from oxidation and sticking onto blood vessels
• Keeps blood vessels smooth & flexible. Therefore, it helps stop the progression of hardening & narrowing of your arteries and assists in preventing heart attack!
In a randomized, double blind study, Black Garlic supplement was effective in lowering plasma concentration of total cholesterol by 7% and LDL (bad) cholesterol 10% in men with high cholesterol compare with subjects consuming placebo. Journal of Nutrition, 2001
• Improves vital blood flow
Signs of poor circulation are :
• Cold hands and feet
• Leg swelling
• Varicose veins
• Frequent headaches
• Inability to concentrate
• Memory loss
• Water retention
• Leg pain
• Bluish nail beds
• Ringing in the ear
Black garlic improves your circulation by preventing the free radical attack to your blood vessels, thus keeping your vessels flexible and smooth, allowing blood to pass through them more easily. This helps to regulate blood pressure and prevent stroke.
A 12-weeks double-blind trial showed the systolic blood pressure (the pressure when your heart muscle contract) for patients with uncontrolled hypertension (SBP ≥ 140 mm Hg at baseline) was on average 10.2 ± 4.3 mm Hg lower in the Black Garlic group compare to control group. The European Menopause Journal, 2001
• Eliminates mental & physical fatigue
Black Garlic helps reduce mental tiredness and also physical tiredness It contains the natural Vitamin B1 in the form of Allithiamine, a fat soluble Vitamin B1, which is more potent and bio-available than typical water soluble vitamin B1.
Allithiamine in Black Garlic…
• Converts sugar into useable energy for the body – this reduces tiredness
• Is necessary for the adrenal gland function and the synthesis of neurotransmitters – this benefits students and those who are under stress
• Strengthens immune system
The compounds formed during fermentation of garlic, S-allylcysteine and Sallylmercaptocysteine, enhances the immune system With Black Garlic, you are less prone to catching colds, coughs and sniffles each time someone around you gets it.
• Prevents premature aging
X-ray, cigarette smoke, air pollutants and industrial chemicals create a lot of free radical damage to your cells and increase the risk of premature aging. S-allylcysteine and SOD found in Black Garlic is a powerful antioxidant. It can slow down or even halt the aging
• Reduces the dangers of life-threatening disease
Black Garlic can multiply the Natural Killer cells and reduce the negative effects of chemotherapy A study found that black garlic significantly enhanced natural killer cell activities and inhibit the growth of tumor cells. Journal of Nutrition, 2006
Diabetic increase the oxidative stress in the body. The activities of super-oxide dismutase (SOD) of Black Garlic helps to minimize the diabetic complication. Nutrition Research and Practice, 2009
Increases the production of nitric oxide for stronger erection
• Enhances the libido
• Improves stamina and physical endurance
• Improves performance … for a more pleasurable, more fulfilling sex life.
The uniqueness of Oriyen Fermented Black Garlic
1. Using patented black garlic manufacturing method
2. Using a special Japanese Ball- Making Technology that improves absorption and preserves potency
3. 10x higher SOD level than normal garlic
4. More bio-available than raw garlic
5. Tested radiation-free
Patented Manufacturing Method
Strictly controlled temperature and humidity throughout entire fermentation process.
No additives or chemical solvent being added
Black Garlic is suitable for all in the family especially for those:
•Who have cold hands and feet
•Who always feel tired
•Students who need a boost in their mental & physical stamina
•Family history of diabetes, heart disease or high blood pressure
•Men who wish to increase stamina & vitality
•The elderly to improve mental clarity
Recommended dosage: 7 balls daily on an empty stomach with a glass of water. For those with severe problems, up to 14 balls can be taken daily
• Amagase H, Petesch BL, Matsuura H, Kasuga S, Itakura Y. Intake of garlic and
its bioactive components. J. Nutr. 2001 Mar;131(3s):955S-62S.
• Borek C. Antioxidant health effects of aged garlic extract. J Nutr
• Lee YM, Gweon OC, Seo YJ, Im J, Kang MJ, Kim MJ, Kim JI. Antioxidant
effect of garlic and aged black garlic in animal model of type 2 diabetes
mellitus. Nutr Res Pract. 2009 Summer;3(2):156-61. Epub 2009 Jun 30.
• Yu-Yan Yeh2 and Lijuan Liu Cholesterol-Lowering Effect of Garlic Extracts
and Organosulfur Compounds: Human and Animal Studies1 J. Nutr. March 1,
2001 vol. 131 no. 3 989S-993S
• Karin Ried, Oliver R. Frank, Nigel P. Stocks Aged garlic extract lowers blood
pressure in patients with treated but uncontrolled hypertension: A randomised
controlled trial published online 18 June 2010.
• Kyo E, Uda N, Kasuga S, Itakura Y. Immunomodulatory effects of aged garlic
extract. J Nutr. 2001 Mar;131(3s):1075S-9S.
• Ishikawa H, Saeki T, Otani T, Suzuki T, Shimozuma K, Nishino H, Fukuda S,
Morimoto K. Aged garlic extract prevents a decline of NK cell number and
activity in patients with advanced cancer.J Nutr. 2006 Mar;136(3 Suppl):816S-
• Kyo E, Uda N, Ushijima M, Kasuga S, Itakura Y. Prevention of psychological
stress-induced immune suppression by aged garlic extract. Phytomedicine.